Join ASA's Premier ENERGY VALUATION Event! ASA Houston Chapter's 14th Annual Award-Winning 2024 ENERGY VALUATION CONFERENCE will be held on Thursday May 16, 2024 with In Person attendees at THE BRIAR CLUB, 2603 Timmons Lane, Houston, Texas 77027 or Virtually via convenient LIVE WEBCAST by Business Valuation Resources.
The ASA ENERGY VALUATION CONFERENCE (EVC) is unique in that it is the only MULTI DISCIPLINARY conference with a focus on leading edge VALUATION TECHNIQUES applicable to ALL SECTORS of the ENERGY INDUSTRY.
2024 EVC brings together pre-eminent energy valuation professionals and industry thought leaders presenting timely educational valuation topics, with a focus on valuation impacts in the transition of power generation from fossil fuel to non-carbon, renewables, sustainable energy, and IRS tax & governance issues.
Todd K. Lester, ASA.BV, CFE, Senior Managing Director. [Click for Bio]
"Forensics - From Fraud to Fair Value"
Lizet Gomez-Lluguin, Senior Director, Dispute Advisory Services [Click for Bio]
"Forensics - From Fraud to Fair Value"
Join as a Sponsor Today!
EXCEPTIONAL OUTREACH: Your Logo included in emails to 6,000 professionals.
Your LOGO & RECOGNITION in:
- EVC Online Brochure.
- Sponsor Power Point Slide Show that scrolls between speakers.
- EVC Website.
- FREE REGISTRATIONS.
Who Should Attend?
About 250 professionals & executives from 24 US states and 7 countries - as far and diverse as Kazakhstan, Dominican Republic, Hungary, Poland, Germany and Canada joined 2023 EVC to gain a better understanding of current developments and geopolitical conditions of the industry. Attendees interacted and engaged with the leaders to discuss solutions to complex challenges faced by investors, appraisers, and clients during these volatile and challenging economic times.
The ASA Houston ENERGY VALUATION CONFERENCE is widely attended by accountants; appraisers accredited in business valuation, machinery & technical specialties, real property, and appraisal review; financial analysts, investment managers, economists; petroleum engineers, industry executives as well as expert witnesses of various valuation and forensic specialties.
What will attendees learn?
This broad-ranging conference facilitates opportunities to interact with key players from various segments of the value chain: downstream, midstream, upstream, and emerging trends in the growing renewables sector. EVC is unique in that it is the only multi-disciplinary conference with a focus on valuation techniques in all sectors of the energy industry. Networking and cross-referral opportunities abound when appraisers, accountants, investment professionals and industry leaders interact.
Do You Have Clients in the Energy Industry?
- "I will say that it was just as top-notch as it gets. The content was superb and the smooth tech operations really made it one of the best virtual events I've attended yet. Your speakers and sessions were, truly, spectacular."
Learn About the Outlook of the Energy Industry in the Transition to Non-Carbon and Renewables.
- "I thoroughly enjoyed the virtual conference - found it to be very informative and right on point given our current social and economic environment. The speakers were excellent and I look forward to attending next year's conference - virtual or in-person."
Best Networking & Forum to Make Connections.
- "Outstanding reception where industry & appraisers could mingle, network and talk about future business. Energy Valuations are big money, and if I can gain one new appraisal, it will more than pay for my trip." International EVC Sponsor
Speakers are an Excellent & Well-Rounded Mix.
- "I liked the way the speakers expressed divergent opinions vs the previous speakers, and were bold enough to make predictions." EVC Sponsor
- Featured speakers were remarkable leaders from all sectors of the energy industry demonstrating a variety of perspectives in all disciplines: Business Valuation, Machinery & Technical Specialties, Appraisal Review & Management, Real Property, among other."
- "Great program! Getting Karl Bartholomew and the high-powered Commissioner Craddick was a real coup. The diversity of your speakers topically was very impressive. Looking forward to the next one."
What makes energy valuation so important to appraisers?
This dynamic and cyclical industry affects all cities around the world. Even if your client isn't an energy company, energy can still play a vital role in its performance, cost structure and profitability.
What will attendees take away?
A better understanding of the current economic and geopolitical conditions of the industry, and learn perspectives on the challenges in energy valuations as the industry turns toward renewables, and how this impacts each sector. EVC is a very holistic and well-rounded conference that attendees enjoy and learn from - not just appraisers. Our goal is to expand our outreach to include those in related professional groups and industry associates.
Featured speakers represent all sectors of the energy industry offering new perspectives on business valuations, machinery & technical specialties appraisals, accounting developments, appraisal review & management, mineral appraisals, real property, financial analysis, and more. Learn how this dynamic and cyclical industry affects businesses world-wide and how it plays a vital role in the performance, cost structure and profitability of your clients. Attendees will gain a better understanding of the current economic and geopolitical conditions of the industry, and learn perspectives on challenges in energy valuations, including which sectors are rebounding.
Laurie Leigh White
Carol Akers Klug
HOUSTON 2024 ENERGY VALUATION CONFERENCE
May 16, 2024.
2024 EVC registrants may attend either IN PERSON at THE BRIAR CLUB, 2603 Timmons Lane, Houston, Texas 77027 or VIRTUALLY by LIVE WEBCAST from 8 am CDT to 6 pm CDT on May 16, 2024. "In person" attendees will not receive online viewing - to avoid a double charge to our chapter. If you inadvertently signed up for "online" and would like to switch to "in person" - to avoid a double charge to our chapter - please contact an EVC to see if it's not too late to make change.
IN PERSON attendees may network at our 7 am CDT Breakfast Bar, Fajita Lunch Buffet and Texas Appetizers & Cocktail Social from 6 pm CDT to 7 pm CDT. Park FREE on the 3rd floor of the garage across the street from The Briar Club, walk across the SkyBridge to enter on the conference level.
IN PERSON and ONLINE tickets may be purchased below on the EVC webpage. For out-of-towners, the 4-star Hotel Derek, 2525 W Loop S, Houston Tx 77027 is convenient.
Education Credits: Up to 8 Hours CPE / CE
CPE credits will be provided by BVR which is approved by the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) for self-study CPE delivery. For more information on eligibility by state, please consult NASBA's website or your state board of accountancy.
Early Bird Rates thru March 31
Regular Rates from April 1
- Non-refundable after March 31. Before March 31 - refundable less $20 transaction fee.
- Substitution of registrants and format is allowed through April 30.
- Last day to register is two days before the conference.
- No prerequisites or advanced preparation required.
- A portion of net proceeds will be donated to one or more 501(c)3 entities.
- For the safety of our community, we will adhere to all COVID-19 protocols.
- Registrants may swap from "IN PERSON" to "ONLINE ONLY" or vice versa at no charge through April 30. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to make the change. Please attend EITHER "in person" OR "online" to avoid a double charge to our chapter. It is important that we know which format you choose to be sure there is enough food for everyone.